Kane & Finkel needed to accomplish several tasks simultaneously: (1) properly position this new and unknown company, (2) brand the science behind its proprietary technology platform, and (3) leverage the company’s proprietary technology in order to “pre-launch” its first commercially available product brand in oncology.
A chaotic world:
- Abraxis Oncology, a rapidly emerging yet unknown pharma company, enlisted Kane & Finkel for the full-scale launch of its first commercial product—Abraxane® for Injectable Suspension (paclitaxel protein-bound particles for injectable suspension) (protein-bound)
- There was a very brief window of opportunity to introduce Abraxis, the company, before the launch of its first product
- As the flagship brand and only viable product, the marketing success of Abraxane would literally make or break the company
- Package the youthful, creative genius of the company without using typical corporate platitudes like “innovation”
- Leverage the corporate campaign messaging to introduce the branded science (market conditioning)
- Be bold, confident, and make an immediate impression (come out swinging)